30.10.06



The Rainforest Foundation-TAUT 10K RUN

In my forever long quest to loose weight, I did a 10k (6 mile) run in support of the Rainforest Foundation yesterday in Regent's Park. Regent's Park is in Northwest London, in a very posh part of town near Harrod's and Kensington and Chelsea (I believe Madonna has a house overlooking the park). It was a lovely place to do a run especially on a Sunday morning and consisted of a 3 lap circuit. I did great for the first two laps (nearly 7k) without stopping but then the last lap it hit me and I had to stop a few times. But persistence pays off and I managed to shave off a few minutes from my last run earlier in the month, The Nike 10k. Onward and Upward to Fitness!!

Should you want to check out what the Rainforest Foundation is all about here's there link: http://www.rainforestfoundationuk.org


4 comments:

Jenny G. said...

Wow Christine! You are so....amazing, running a 10k that is tough! I only hope today accomplish something like that! I have been running but running 5 miles for me is good! You must let me know what you do to train and all that, I would love to hear more! Love, Jenny

christine said...

At first I had a hard time with a mile, but you just have to go slowly. Once you feel that it's becoming easy you then push yourself a bit futher. Thanks for the compliment Jenny!

Angela said...

Wow! You go girl! I could never do that!

LucindaF said...

Christine, you look great in your pictures, I understand your quest, aren't all women on the same quest, but really you don't look like you need to worry. You look so wonderful. Congratulations on improving on your time. Way to go Christine.