11.11.06

A Moon for the Misbegotten



James and I went to see a matinee performance of "A moon for the Misbegotten" with Kevin Spacey this afternoon. It's our third time seeing Kevin Spacey on the stage at the Old Vic and I've never been disappointed with any of these plays. The cast was absolutely amazing and seemed so at comfortable with each other. I had never seen Colm Meany (Star Trek) or Eve Best who played the female lead Josie on stage before. They were fabulous especially Ms. Best--gosh she had a lot of lines to remember! I could really relate to a lot of what her character was going through in trying to figure out her feelings and place in the world. Kevin Spacey--what can you say, every time I see him perform it's like having a good friend over for dinner. He reels you in and very warmly invites you along the journey his characters take. I always love the theatre, but this play was just an absolute pleasure. If your interested check this link out to read more about the play http://www.oldvictheatre.com . Its got some great behind the scenes footage that Kevin Spacey took which is a bit of fun to see as well!

No comments: