31.12.07

The Kite Runner


What an incredibly beautiful film. I found it refreshing to hear a story from this area of the world (Afghanistan) that wasn't demonizing. Although I haven't read the book "The Kite Runner", I understand that it has been an international best-seller and I can see why with its universal themes of family, friendship and forgiveness . I have read Khaled Hosseini's other book, "A Thousand Splendid Suns" about women in Afghanistan and found it very inspiring as well. I love stories like this where I feel like I'm being educated and learning about the lives of others. If the film is not for you (although its PG-13 /12A in UK there's some strong subject matter) I would definitely recommend reading the book instead as its such a wonderful, beautiful story that everyone should hear. I'm very glad I got to see the film, particularly on the last day of the year!

1 comment:

sherrie said...

my mom read this and told me to read it too, i'll have to go check it out at the library.