4.3.08

5 Random Things

I was tagged by one of my new good friends and blogging buddies, Rebecca and I'm finally getting round to posting 5 random things about myself as she requested. So here goes:

1- I don't know how to swim/ride a bike. Don't ask me why I never learned I just didn't. I regret never taking the plunge (no pun intended) specifically because travelling the world like I have I missed out on some amazing opportunites (like swimming in the most beautiful lake I've seen in my life in the middle of nowhere in Southern Thailand). I hope to learn how to do both in the near future.

2- I love any opportunity to be creative. I love the arts and try to soak up anything music, art, theatre (or theater in American), pictures/photography or literature related. I like creating things with food too. I love cooking and although I'm still stuck on the recipes I'm starting to venture out into creating my own stuff.

3- I never planned on living in London as long as I have. In all honesty I don't think I had a clue when I arrived about anything on so many levels. Living here has like ummmm COMPLETELY changed who I am, so I am certain that moving here was meant to be.

4- I have an old soul and I think WAAAAY too much. Maybe these two are related who knows?

5- One of my biggest goals in life is to make a difference in the world. However at the moment, the biggest obstacle in accomplishing this is ME and the thing I'm trying to work on in order to overcome this is just being in the moment.

I'm not going to tag anyone in particular but I'll bring to your attention some super cool blogs I love to peruse in no particular order.

Fab Shab
Written by a friend I went to high school with, Sherrie. She's uber artistic which I love and what's great is she completely understands about unconditional compassion. She's been a great comfort to me last year in probably one of the worst years of my life. I love reading about what she gets up to and seeing all the great pictures and artwork she posts.

Simply Put
Written by Sherrie's sister, Kristine. She's an AMAZING photographer and I just adore looking at all the pics she does and reading about all the cool stuff she gets up to in California.

Three Men and a Lady
Written by another friend from high school, Michelle. I just like reading what she and the men in her life get up to. Its never a dull moment in her house and I admire her for having the patience that she does.

Tripping on Words
Written by two random people I met in Blog-land, Claire and Lara who are grads from Stanford. They have started a Non Profit Organization called "Hope Runs" in Kenya. Their musings on travel and charity work particularly hit a chord with me as they've become huge parts of my life as well.

Tumaini Kids
A break-off blog from Tripping on Words, written BY THE ORPHANS at the Orphanage in Kenya Claire and Lara help. This blog reminds me of what's true in life and what real courage means.

I do read more blogs obviously, but these are a few of my favorites!

5 comments:

blog said...

You say that you love the arts- Do you have any paintings or drawings of yours that I could see?

Great list Christine!

sherrie said...

i didn't know you didn't know how to swim/ride a bike. it's never too late! you'll love them both. thanks for the nice compliment. i've enjoyed getting to know you better.

Jess said...

I think it is so cool that you have the opportunity to travel in some beautiful places of the world, even if you can't swim in some pretty lakes or oceans. Just the fact that you have been to Southern Thailand makes me green with envy!

christine said...

Rebecca, I'm totally useless drawing stuff but I adore going to art exhibitions instead. If I was to create anything myself it would be music stuff cause I'm a musician.

Michelle said...

i love reading these "tags"...it is so fun to get to know little things about you! i love reading your blog, christine. you have a great perspective on life.