22.4.08

Dream House

Have you ever walked/drove/ran by a house and took a deep *sigh* and every ounce of your soul wanted to live there? For the past six years we've wanted a house near Blackheath Hill/Village that we consistently pass on our runs/walks. There's something about it that seems to be calling to us---Buy Me. Its a house that I totally can picture us having friends over for dinner parties and to reminisce about the good old times and how our children don't visit as much as they used to. The worst part of all of this is that it has come up for sale recently not once but twice in the last year and a half.


It is a Victorian house (19th/20th Century) has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 floors, a large garden, a huge kitchen, a conservatory, wine cellars and a 2 car garage. All for the lovely price of £2,650,000 (about 4.5 million dollars). So unless we seriously come into some big money, this beauty is sadly going to stay a 'dream' . (Cue violin) I'm ok with this I guess, but a girl has the right to at least salivate and I guarantee you every time I pass by this gem I'll be doing just that.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love the look of that home but with that price tag definitely too expensive for me. Keep dreaming I am sure your dream home isnt far away.

Angela said...

Gorgeous but pricey! Who could afford it?? I love looking at fancy homes and dreaming. :)

enickel said...

Wow! That house is gorgeous! It is good to have a dream house, but i would settle for just a house of my own at this point.

Elizabeth C said...

I love victorian homes!! So beautiful!!

sherrie said...

awesome house! we can dream right?

Carly said...

uhhh, yeah. I am salivating right now too.

Michelle said...

oh how GORGEOUS!! i would be in love, too! can't believe that price. outrageous!