20.7.08

wall-e


what an absolutely sweet, adorable movie. for a cartoon its amazing how much they jam-packed into it - love story, social commentary & a profound environmental message. none of these themes are heavy handed or forced upon you too much & I felt they said so much more by saying so little {not much talking in the movie}. i found myself laughing, rooting for wall-e & even shedding a few tears when he gets the girl {yes i cried in a cartoon!}. the funny thing was that when james & i were looking around the cinema before it started---there were only a couple of kids & the rest were adults! to me that's a sign of a great flick where there's that kind of universal appeal. i love movies that make you feel like your better off for seeing them & wall-e completely fits this bill. so thanks pixar & disney for making one of your best movies in years!

5 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

We also saw it. It is definitely different seeing a robot as the main character. I thought it was an interesting movie.

Angela said...

I am excited to see this movie too! I'm glad to hear that it is good. :)

Rebecca said...

WOW! This review makes me even MORE excited to watch the movie than before!!!


p.s.

Sorry for completely disappearing in the commenting world - life has been so hectic lately.

christine said...

don't worry about it rebecca :)

sherrie said...

i haven't seen this yet, but i'll put it in my queue when it comes out!