4.12.08

note to self

dont weigh yourself if you've recently been indulging too much in:

image from Flickr

&

image from flickr

you may have sudden urges to attack the scale with a sledgehammer.

the holidays and my waistline never mix very well.

i don't know how some girls can have appetites like blokes but when i even look at a freakin' fruit cake i pack on 10 lbs.
i swear they must not be from this planet.



thank goodness god created news years resolutions & the month of january.
a girl needs a bit of time to make a comeback.

4 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

LOL! That was a very cute post!! Very funny too! I don't actually ever weigh myself unless I'm at the doctors, because I figure that I exercise regularly and eat well, and if I feel good, what's the point? The first scales were made to measure beef anyway. The real thing you should measure is muscle vs. fat ratio. That's how I see it. I don't even own a scale.

Petulia said...

I absolutely agree with Elizabeth. It's all about how you feel..and sometimes our body needs a treat. In the end, I think it is natural to eat more when it's cold and less when it is hot..it's all a matter of balance!

Angela said...

My scale broke a while back and I'm considering not getting a new one. Here's why-- when I workout, I see changes in my body but not in the scale. Maybe it is my weakness for sweets. ;) You've got to let yourself indulge every once in a while, especially during the holidays. And I agree, thank goodness for New Years Resolutions. :) Not that I am going to change. LOL!!!

Carly said...

Seriously, I can't even think about it. I am pretty sure that I ingested 300,000 calories this week. It makes me sick, but I can't resist all of the delicious food this time of year.