29.7.09

Courses & Self-Improvement

Being currently 'unemployed' I've been trying to keep myself busy and not go crazy with boredom. For the last five weeks I've been working on my resume/cv by taking a music course/class (my 2nd thus far) from the online extension school of Berklee College of Music. I love doing these courses online with Berklee cause not only do they have kick ass alumni (John Mayer, Melissa Etheridge, Diana Krall, etc), are amazingly educational but you get to network like crazy with people in the industry which is big. I've also learned quite a bit about myself particularly in my current class 'artist management'. I've learned that you have to not just follow your passion, but do something that you can be the best at. I've learned that true success is about humility and the ability to face up and accept any given situation. Not bad for only being on week 5 eh?


picture from here

My other class which starts at the end of August is a 'self-help' course called MondoBeyondo, which is about finding what your dreams are and how to make them a reality. I wasn't planning on doing another course so soon but one of the blogs I follow Superhero Journal had this up recently and I was really really drawn to it for some reason. Obviously I am drawn to it cause the universe knows I need to inject a bit more of 'dreaming' into my life and realizing that yes, anything I do dream about can become a reality. I'm looking forward to making connections and friendships with other like-minded women who are 'searching' like me and hopefully might learn something/be inspired in the process.

Anyway, I'll let you know how these classes and my quest for self-improvement go. I'm so grateful that the right things seem to pop up in my life at the right time. Kind of makes you excited to see what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

karim said...

An insightfull post. Will definitely help.

Thanks,
Karim - Positive thinking