29.9.09

My Trip: thoughts + photos


"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
-Marcel Proust


I had planned on writing several lengthy blog entries when I got back detailing my every move during the week and life changing 'aha' moments. But after thinking about it, the things that happened during the week which seemed like endless little miracles were way too special and they were meant just for ME. I will only say this about my trip and when I do I'm not being overly dramatic because this was exactly what it brought me: a heart bursting full of pure gratitude and joy. I've never felt so re-connected, whole and better able to cope with the huge stresses/pain in my life after only a week. I am thankful and in awe how every little piece fell into place for me to get there and how guided I was every step of the way by the universe/god. I was told there that this place would change my life. I really believe them and I know it already has changed me in so many ways. I know that the high from this week will go eventually, but its ok...I'm open to whatever happens to me and I'm just going to take it all one step at a time.

A few images from my trip:


learning about myself from working w/horses



pushing my boundaries--ALOT




more pictures will be on my flickr later this week.

updated: Please check here for new photos

4 comments:

sherrie said...

i'm glad that your getaway was so great for you. i look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more about your experience.

Anonymous said...

Even if you don't blog this, write it. Make sure you have a record for yourself, so you can keep the breakthroughs. You don't think you can forget, but everyday life will get in the way, more than you expect. That's one reason I write poetry.
I'm glad it was worth it!
Aunt Gail

memyselfandotherthings said...

welcome back! so glad you had a great time, it sounds and looks amazing!
Agreeing with Aunt Gail, write it down for yourself, so you can go back and revisit the feeling when you come to a hurdle.

So brave of you to go, so brave to keep the experience to yourself! Well done you!

Kara Elmore said...

Ohhhhh beautiful soul. Beautiful words. And I'm SO happy to see a picture of YOU on here as well!