5.12.09

Christmas Decor

I have a hard time with christmas for some reason. Its one of the most 'uncomfortable' of the holidays for me and every year it takes a great deal of effort to not unleash my inner scrooge and wish the whole holiday away. One thing that helps my inner christmas beast occasionally is looking at christmas decor online. I know its a bit weird, but because I really like pictures and things that are artsy, approaching the season from an arts/design standpoint makes the christmas holiday seem a lot more interesting to me. You do what you gotta do to get through eh? Anyway, here are some things that I have found recently:


snow globes....lOVE THEM. These babies are from anthropologie via a heads up from sfgirlbybay

These are from Plumo. I always like their stuff cause of its vintage, travel feel for everything that they do. Wish I could afford their stuff though.

These Christmas Crackers are from Jamie Oliver. Its a English tradition to have these things on the Christmas table. Usually they are stuffed with THEEE most useless presents on the face of the planet, but this is the first time, I've actually seen crackers that are useable. It helps that I like gardening and cooking too.


Finally, these stockings from Sundance. I love weird and unique stockings. These happen to be hand-knit too by a women's collective in Bosnia. So stockings to make a difference you can say.

1 comment:

sherrie said...

oh i love the snow globes and the stockings, adorable!