18.3.10

Blog it Forward: What inspires me?

I've been excited about this for a while. 300 bloggers are participating in a blog it forward post started by the uber stylish sfgirlbybay (kind of like a chain letter but the good kind) each taking turns explaining what inspires them most. Lucky lucky me, I was chosen to participate. I have had a very kind introduction from Just a Dollop and am now passing it on to the lovely photographer Kate Harrison. There are 9 other bloggers doing the exact same thing as me today. I've put their links at the end of this post.

Soooo, thinking about it--what 'inspiration' to me is what nourishes me most days, what makes my heart so giddy and full of gratitude and what makes me feel 'connected' to the grander scheme of things. I remember inspiration being talked about when I went here last year and had such a life changing week. For one class we were talking about how much fixing your breathing can change your life. They mentioned that the world Inhale comes from the Latin Inspare or Inspiration. Apparently most of us breath about 20,000 times a day which means we have 20,000 opportunities to be inspired every day.

Here are just a couple of those things that inspire me:

1) Nature

I wasn't always an outdoor girl but now I love it. I love flowers, plants, parks, oceans, animals, fresh air, everything that enables me to look at scenes like this as much as possible:



photo from Irene Suchocki

2) Hearing the stories of other people (through any format: books, blogs, t.v., film, etc)

About every day things, what makes people laugh, the obstacles that people face and seeing the true resilience and courage of the human spirit. Our stories DO matter!!



Books inside Leeds Castle
(picture by James
)



NieNie



3) Travel

I feel like there's no greater education than travel. To me its changed my life forever, opened my eyes and heart and made me feel more connected to the rest of the world. The beauty I've seen, the people I've met and the experiences I've braved have truly been the biggest blessing in my life. Travel will always, ALWAYS be a part of my life.



Paris

4) Art

To me art encompasses not just paintings and photography which I adore; but music, theatre, writing and film. Anything creative like this makes my heart swoon like a teenager again. I know that I'm meant to be an artist in some way in my life, in what 'exact' way is what I'm still trying to figure out. I must learn patience because its so true that the best things come to those that wait.


1. BMW in Texas, 2. bench monday: park bench blues, 3. threads, 4. Untitled, 5. sandy, 6. Muir Woods, 7. Australia, 8. audrey hepburn, 9. garden light, 10. Winter Hues, 11. Prayer Flags, 12. #23 - Audrey Hepburn, 13. Alice in wonderland, 14. ., 15. Untitled, 16. Repose in Burano, Venice, 17. Cary Grant, 18. Colline verdi con piccola casa in cima - Green hills with small house atop (Tuscany, Italy), 19. Tuscany king, 20. Why I Love Film, 21. Palace Theatre, Los Angeles, California, 22. i love the messed up ones the best, 23. PIANO_JAZZ, 24. vintage 03, 25. this year's LOVE




So what things inspire you?



7 comments:

Fringe said...

What a beautiful post. Your inspirations are inspiring! I share your ideas of inspirations, and I'm so happy to have "met" you through Blog It Forward. It's a wonderful way to get to know each other...Your blog is gorgeous.

Thank you so much for sharing...
xo

Risti Megan said...

Oh Paris! I agree, travel is so inspiring. Great post! Thanks for sharing.

christine said...

thank you!

Toni said...

Beautiful Post, Beautiful Pictures!

kate harrison said...

Love this post!! 20,000 opportunities to be inspired is such a beautiful truth.

Thanks for the hand-off!! :)

Arcadia said...

i have many of the same inspirations as you. great post today!

Miss Journey said...

I found your blog through the Blog It Forward movement too, and I'm a fan. It's such a great idea. Lots of great blogs. And I love your list.