2.5.10

Dale Chihuly at the V&A + quiet weekends

One thing I forgot to mention about my trip to the Victoria and Albert Museum on Friday was getting to see the Chihuly chandelier again which hangs in the entrance. Dale Chihuly is from my neck of the woods and its rather ironic that a bit of my hometown is hanging from a ceiling in London. Its gorgeous, big and blends in perfectly:

The courtyard at the museum deserves a mention too.  In true English tradition you can sit outside for a cup of tea rain or shine.  Whilst I was freezing my arse off getting these pictures a few of the grannies from the Grace Kelly exhibition were chatting away under their umbrellas with a nice cuppa and tea cake on the side.   To have immunity to the elements like that...well I wouldn't want to cross those grannies in a damp, dark alleyway anytime soon.

I also love how ambitious the English are by growing lemons in the courtyard.  Their optimism at the sun shining at least a little is admirable:



The rest of the weekend has been pretty darn quiet.  I've been a bit of a homebody...catching up on jobs, watching girly movies as James is gone.  I did manage to do a walk through the park before the horrid weather set in.  I always love an excuse to be outside and tote the ole camera along.

1 comment:

Lori Ann said...

That chandelier is amazing! And I love the image of the grannies sitting in the rain chatting and having their tea. Makes me miss being in a big city.