9.9.10

The Art of Balance

Ruby Beach, USA


This week has been tough to get back into the swing of things.  Usually its a bit easier to adjust to life after a holiday but James and I have felt rather unsettled this time round coming home.   I think its a sign we needed the break, the chance to re-charge and reconnect.  Maybe there's also a teeny bit of fear there too.  Fear that the peace and embracing the present moment will somehow disappear into the chaos of our daily life until the next holiday.   My heart knows that this fear is a gift though...a gift to teach me to trust the universe that everything will be OK and that balance, the peace, the ease of life I feel on holiday can be found anytime I need it if I just slow down and listen. 

I'm far from perfect from this but I'm working towards not panicking, embracing the messiness life brings and remembering to treat myself with kindness.  Yoga, meditation, art and nature are what's guiding me.

I'd love to hear what things are guiding you right now.

Christine
xoxo

4 comments:

Jude said...

Sending you good wishes - I'm going through transition phase too. Taking long walks (with a camera sometimes) always helps. Best and hope your weekend is lovely.

christine said...

thank you for the well wishes Jude. :) They are appreciated.

Lori Ann said...

First of all, I would have a tough time getting back into the swing of things after that gorgeous holiday you just had. I love, love looking at all of your pictures. It's nice that there is time to re-charge and reconnect and that sometimes it happens when we need it most, but didn't realize it.
What guides me right now, probably the growing realization that the stuff of this world really isn't that important. I've spent too much time in my life trying to acquire stuff. Also, seeing things through a child's eyes makes me slow down and appreciate the little things.
I don't check in as often as I should, but I love your blog and your thoughts.

christine said...

I like what you said Lori. I think as I'm getting older I'm valuing experiences rather than stuff. The experiences are what change you and that you CAN take with you....the stuff well it can go in an instant. I've heard having children does that to people= i.e. living in the present.