30.10.10

Second time's a charm


I've been offered a free spot in the April 2011 London Marathon. Free spots are non charity spots which mean that you don't HAVE to raise money to enter (although I probably will try to raise a bit). Usually its a lottery where the free spots get randomly picked and if you don't get a free spot within 5 years in a row applying, you automatically get a spot. Well, I got to my 5 year marker thus the place. If you've read my blog for a while you know I tried to do this in 2008 and had to withdraw cause of health issues. Well I'm in a MUCH better place now than I was then.  I do have doubts and think I'm slightly crazy cause this will be uber hard.  However, I think the universe is trying to tell me I'm supposed to do this cause its come round again for the second time.  Although I know it will be hard with the intensive training, my gosh this will sure be life changing for me.  I know I really need to do this.  I'll keep you posted on the training!

1 comment:

Lori Ann said...

Good luck to you! I love many forms of exercise, but running is not one of them. I doubt I would ever have what it takes to train for, let alone run a marathon. You can do it!