7.11.10

Happy Bonfire Night








Yesterday, the Brits celebrated burning Guy Faulkes at the stake last night for his plot against Parliament (although technically the holiday is the 5th).  I'm not sure if I'll ever understand this holiday but at least its an excuse for a bit of fun.    Anyway....went to our usual amazing fireworks display on Blackheath.  My pictures are not too bad considering I didn't have a tripod.

If you want to see one of the best celebrations in all of England for Bonfire Night, check out THIS flickr group.  Lewes is in East Sussex by the way which I think is SW England. 

Some of my favorites from the group are:

One
Two
Three
Four
Five




So what have you guys been up to this weekend?


Christine
xoxoox

1 comment:

Nicole MacDonald said...

Happy Guy Fawkes :) We celebrated here in NZ too and our display in Wellington was awesome! So grateful the weather held off :)

www.damselinadirtydress.com