25.11.10

Thoughts on Gratitude

Its just a normal day today here in London.   Off to the post office and to do a few errands, hoping to get a good run in too.  Later on though, I'll be pushing our T.V. trays together dusting off the place-mats and sitting down to our Thanksgiving dinner.  Instead of travelling by car to visit relatives  I'll be catching up the next few days via the great technological blessing that is 'Skype'.  I'm hoping I'll get the pleasure of seeing my niece and nephew again and maybe even a few aunts and uncles in the background moaning and loosening their belts cause they ate too much.  I may even look up Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving special on Youtube to round the day off just right.  Being abroad doesn't take the holiday away, it just means you do it a bit different. 

I think its easy in the midst of pies, mashed potatoes and holiday stress to forget about how blessed we are.   The abundance of food when others don't have it and the sheer simplicity of having health, loved ones and a place to live come to my mind today.  I've been guilty of worrying too much about the future and complaining about my lack of job and comparing myself to those with the picket fence and mini-van.  But the truth of the matter is I'm a very blessed woman and have everything I would ever need.

I'm grateful just as much for the struggles as I am the good things that have come my way this year.  They are all blessings and I'm grateful for every experience, because they've made my life all the more sweeter.  I'm grateful that I've grown so much from everything that's come my way and that I'm still standing.   Being in London has been my biggest blessing thus far.  Its amazing how much this city has taught me about myself and how its pushed me to my limits on completely opposite ends of the spectrum.    I feel blessed to be here and blessed to have met the people I have and have done the things I've done.  It makes it exciting to wonder what will come tomorrow, which is what makes this life so amazingly beautiful.


Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.



Christine
xoxoxo






**As part of the mortalmuses Thanksgiving bloghop. Check them out here.

11 comments:

Kat Sloma said...

Oh, what a wonderful post! No matter how many times I read it from different people, heart felt words of gratitude like yours give me chills. Thanks so much for participating in the blog hop!!

christine said...

Thanks Kat!

chersty said...

So eloquently said. Especially "doesn't take the holiday away, just means you do it a bit differently.". I am so grateful for technology that makes it possible to stay connected with people. I have really enjoyed "catching up" with you. Happy thanksgiving. Love, cherstin

Oliag said...

You have a way with words! This is the first stop I have made in the blog hop...and I find it a very inspirational way to start my Thanksgiving day here in New England. Thanks for these thoughtful words to start may day!...now to go peel some rutabagas:)

breezelife said...

Great post on gratitude. It's true that the things that challenge us also make us grow the most. Happy Thanksgiving in London!

Susannah said...

Happy thanksgiving/Thursday, love :) xx

christine said...

Oh Thank You all for the kind words!! :)

maureen said...

Such a wonderful post. Most all of us have very many things to be thankfull for, even if it's little things. It's good to be reminded of that.
Thanks for joining us in the blog hop.

justine said...

what a nice post! what mileage for running do you do? sounds like you are really enjoying life in London.

christine said...

Justine...currently its about 20+ miles (4 x a week, 1 long run at about 10 miles the rest shorter runs).....want to be at a better place but I'm further along than most!

Anne Taite said...

So lovely!