6.1.11

the Quiet



4 Jan- 6 Jan



James has gone back to work this week for the start of the new year and I'm left here with the quiet of 'the everyday'.   Obviously it would be great if I had a job to go to like he did but sometimes I feel blessed to have the time to just listen to London.  This city can be pretty noisy in that everyone is always coming and going, too busy to just stop.    I remember how great it was last year when the volcano canceled all the flights across the U.K. and the city was just filled with the sound of birds singing.   It was beautiful.

I think what I'm looking forward to most in this 365 day photo project is capturing those quiet moments a bit more.  I've mostly shared the exciting bits of my life here in this city.  There's a whole different side to my life here and I think the pictures above are a great start to treasuring that.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful photos! I love this! :)

Ryan said...

Beautiful photos, I especially love the on of all the trees.

M.M.E. said...

Enjoy the quiet and photographing the city around you!

Sydney Shop Girl said...

I get what you mean about having the time to just sit and absorb your city! The rhythms, the sounds, the people.

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Frannie said...

Such beautiful photos.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

your blog is so pretty! stopping by from the etsy forum!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

oneinspiredhand said...

I love that bed/shirt pic! Found you thru 365. Thanks for sharing!