21.1.11

Walk to the Post-Office










Had to go pick up a package so I ventured through Deptford this morning.  It never ceases to amaze me how quirky the shop fronts are.  For you fellow Americans...notice the 99p store?  Yes the Brits have their own version of the dollar store too.  Also...the other Windsor Castle (aka the Gals House) made me chuckle.  I wonder if the queen knows they are capitalizing off the name of her home.  I think she's probably a little busy helping plan a wedding for her grandson William this April to worry.

The shabbiness and the peeling paint kinda work along this high street.  Anything can be made into a little shop here with people working their best to make a few quid (bucks) for themselves each day to feel like a human being.   I admire that cause that's all I and everybody else is trying to do as well.

Happy Weekend.

Christine

5 comments:

chersty said...

good job!! very fun idea...

Kat Sloma said...

Wow, an egg shop! I should not be surprised, I've seen so many new things. But a whole shop for eggs? Never. We have seen "1 Euro" stores here in Italy too. Same cheap junk as dollar stores in the US, just 30-40% more expensive. :)

christine said...

Yes....I thought that was funny too the egg store!

jess said...

What an interesting neighborhood! I like the places that look as though they have evolved over time ... Thanks for taking us with you on your walk. :-)

Felicity said...

Ha! In Mexico they have Todos por Once aka All for $11 pesos. I love your pics!